Christ UMC Nursery Ministry
First Time in the Nursery?
We are so happy that you and your family are here to worship with us today! Here are a few key notes on how our nursery ministry operates. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Pastor Tawny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At Christ UMC, our nursery is open for children birth through 3 years of age.
- Nursery is available during 9:30 Sunday school and the 10:45 am worship service.
- Beginning September 2016, a child-appropriate lesson will be offered to all children who are present during the Sunday school hour.
- If you choose to keep your child with you in worship, the nursery is here in case you need to change a dirty diaper or your child needs a short break to get out some energy!
- All children must be registered before being left in the nursery, even if the child is only visiting for a Sunday. Registration forms are available HERE and printed versions are available in the nursery.
- Children must be signed in and signed out each day by a parent or guardian. Please do not drop your child off prior to 9:25 am. Please pick up your child immediately after the worship service is over.
- In order for our nursery volunteers to call children by name, all children will wear a name tag. Additionally, all bags and drink cups left in the nursery will be labeled with your child's name.
- Due to allergy concerns, no outside food or drink (meals or snacks) may be brought into the classrooms. Bottles and sippy cups are allowed for infants.
- We want to keep all children healthy and we do not have the capability to care for children who are not feeling well. If you child is ill, please do not bring him/her to the nursery.
- The nursery is staffed by one or two adults who have been approved through Safe Sanctuary policy. This policy requires that they be known by the church for at least six (6) months and complete all required background checks.
- Our nursery ministry is possible through the dedicated service of our nursery team. New team members are always appreciated. Please contact Pastor Tawny for more information on how to join this important ministry.
We look forward to caring for your child!