How is your life with God?
This is the question Transformation Groups challenge us to answer.
Transformation Groups are weekly gatherings of about six to eight persons, lasting about an hour and a half. During this time, we share about our lives in the past week, how it affected our faith, and how God worked in our lives. We take turns answering, listening, and responding as others share.
Transformation Groups have no curriculum, no study guide, and no DVD. We focus on our lives and our spiritual growth. We savor the opportunity to slow down and reflect, to see how our faith, beyond something we say we believe, shapes us and affects the people we meet every day.
- Meetings are between 60 and 90 minutes long
- All members answer a few questions about their life and faith
- Two questions are kept the same each week
- How is your life with God?
- How have you seen God at work in the past week?
- The third question for the meeting should change every week to encourage new perspectives. Some examples:
- What's a Bible passage that spoke to you recently?
- How has your faith been tested this week?
- What is a question you have for God?
- Everyone is given a chance to answer
- No one is required to share more than they feel comfortable
- All answers are kept confidential by group members unless the person who shared gives permission
Sign me up!
When it comes to discipleship and spiritual growth, we identify three critical areas of emphasis: knowing God, knowing self, and knowing fellow Christians.
Knowing God: We learn about God through Bible Study, through teaching materials, through listening to sermons and other messages from Bible scholars.
Knowing Others: We learn about one another through fellowship events like picnics and parties, through service together, and through social time before and after worship.
Knowing Self: This is where Transformation Groups come in. We learn about ourselves by asking ourselves questions and setting aside time for reflection; making a weekly commitment deepens our sincerity in reflection. Sharing our answers with a small number of other believers makes us think more deeply, work out our thoughts more completely, and helps us know we are not alone. No matter what is going on in your walk with God, you are not the only one, guaranteed.
If you would like to join, lead, or learn more about Transformation Groups, please fill out this form, and we will contact you as soon as we are able!